Rental, Seasonal & Vacation Property Insurance - Cornerstone

Many people think that insurance is unnecessary when living in a rental property. While it’s likely that your landlord will secure an insurance policy for his property, it’s recommended that you also get rental property insurance to protect your belongings against fire, theft, vandalism, and other damages. The same holds true for your seasonal home. Whether it’s a small summerhouse or vacation home, you need a seasonal and vacation property insurance policy to protect it.

A Closer Look at Rental Property Insurance

Even if you’re living in a rental property, you deserve to have peace of mind for when unexpected things happen to your belongings. Our rental property insurance quotes cover protection for your possessions including liability coverage.

Our licensed rental property insurance broker will do a complete review of variables such as the location of your property, its rebuild cost, and any additional coverage you may want to add to the policy. Generally, getting rental insurance means covering your belongings and we normally recommend a minimum $25,000 policy.

Although subject to some restrictions, your liability on your property can extend worldwide. Your rental property insurance can also cover additional living expenses and rental income in case you need to move out due to financial loss.

Depending on several factors, we can also get you discounts such as a claims free, multi-resident, and new home discounts.

Seasonal and Vacation Insurance Policy for Your Second Home

Protecting your properties goes beyond your home. As an extension to your dwelling, your vacation home needs its own insurance to keep it and its contents covered in case unforeseen incidents occur.

Your home insurance, however comprehensive, cannot cover your seasonal properties. Sourcing the best seasonal and vacation insurance policy is something we can help with.

To determine premiums, a full review is done by our licensed seasonal and vacation insurance broker. The broker does a thorough assessment of the location of your property, how much it would cost to rebuild it, as well as the additional coverage you want to include in your policy. Our seasonal and vacation insurance quotes mainly cover the building, your belongings, and detached structures.

We also offer various discounts, all depending on the age and value of the property.

Discounts may include:

  • Alarm discount
  • Claims free discount
  • Roof discount
  • Gated community discount
  • Loyalty discount
  • Mature discount
  • Mortgage free discount
  • New home discount
  • Multi-policy discounts

Get in touch

Our clients are our partners - and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to reach us in person, by phone, email, or via our online portal. Our 24-hour claims reporting system allows you to file at any time in case of an emergency situation.

Cornerstone Insurance offers rental property, seasonal, and vacation home insurance in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and throughout Alberta. 

Comparison Shopping?

If you are comparison shopping, need to file a claim, or just looking for our mailing address get in touch with us.

Contact Us »

Looking for a quote?

Call us at 780.489.8080 of fill out our online form to receive a free quote for home or vehicle insurance

Get a Quote »


facebookIcon twitterIcon googleIcon linkedInIcon instagramIcon YouTubeIcon

Tel: 780.489.8080
Toll-free: 1.877.448.0706
Fax: 780.489.8890
See our staff bio's


Monday to Friday - 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Saturday - closed
Sunday - closed